Old Gray knows pain. Weaving through their last LP An Autobiography, they explore and extrapolate distress – whether it comes from heartbreak and it’s feelings of longingness, anger and isolation, or the part that haunts you when you decide to physically move on from a bad situation – they do so by layering raw emotion, introspective lyrics, and a tempo that soars from sweet to aggressive over the course of a single song.
Look closer and you will notice Old Gray is not another punk band that screams about feelings. The introspection goes up a notch when the drummer pops in to perform spoken word and as it stands out as a pause from the heaviness, it’s brief and builds up to another climax that can cause anyone in the room to lose their shit. They are playing at Backbooth this Tuesday, August 12 2014 with openers Scrowler, You’ll Live, and Dryspell. Get tickets here. Presented by Norsekorea.
I’m going to this show because I can see how much fun the people in the screenshots above had (video below). In the beginning of the song, you can see a clear division between the stage and audience but soon the crowd sings over the band, swarms them and the stage, and by the end the drummer dives onto them – everyone becomes a part of the moment. Although pain may have gotten them there, passion took over and it became a party.
For fans of: La Dispute and Explosions in the Sky.
HOW TO WIN TICKETS:
Want to win Two Tickets to this show?!
1. 'Like' Shows I Go To on Facebook and Norsekorea on Facebook.
2. 'Follow' SIGT on Instagram and Norsekorea on Instagram.
3. 'Follow' SIGT on Twitter and Norsekorea on Twitter.
4. 'Share' this post on ANY or ALL of the following: facebook, instagram, twitter, tumblr, or anywhere else you'd like (be sure to tag/mention @showsigoto & @Norsekorea).
5. 'Email' email@example.com With you name, and put the Artist Name as the Subject.
Check out our South Florida SIGT Website!
Please support our friends who support us! Tell them Shows I Go To sends love! 🙂
- The Commission Beer Chamber
- Nora's Sugar Shack!
- Park Ave CDs
- Montgomery Drive Presents
- RT-Art Printing
- El Camino School of Music
- The Mary Jane 'High-Quality' Art Gallery
- Tamale Co (Best Tamales in ORL) (Orlando)
- The Owl's Attic Vintage Shop
- Broken Strings Brewery
- American Combat Club
- Lazy Moon Pizza
- Ten10 Brewing
- Conrad's Beer Shanty
- AKT Shirt Printing
- Smartpunk Records & Shop
- No Clubs Presents
- DaddyKool Records
- Galactic G Skateshop
- Lizzy McCormack's Irish Pub