I recently had a phone interview with Adam Taylor, bassist of IRATION (scroll down below to listen) who is hitting the road this summer with their friends and the funkiest reggae jam band out there, Slightlyyyyyy Stoooooopid, as the main support on the “Sounds of Summer 2017” tour which also features J Boog and The Movement. The two month cross-country outing will make stops at the three Florida cities: 6/22 in Saint Augustine, 6/24 in Boca Raton, and 6/25 in Cocoa. Last year’s summer tour was a blast. Go check out what summer sounds like in a city near you! I’ll be hitting up COCOA on SUNDAY, JUNE 25 at COCOA RIVERFRONT PARK.
Check out my video of Stoopid in Cocoa last year playing a cover of Grateful Dead’s “Franklin’s Tower”!
IRATION released their all-acoustic album DOUBLE UP digitally December 2, 2016 via their own Three Prong Records. The 10-track album features a mix of the band’s hits from their previous releases, including “Reelin” off their most recent full-length Hotting Up (2015); “One Way Track” and “Back Around” from 2013’s Automatic; “Summer Nights” from their Fresh Grounds EP (2011); and “Time Bomb” and “Falling” off 2010’s Time Bomb. Both Hotting Up and Automatic peaked at #1 on Billboard’s Reggae Albums Chart with Time Bomb reaching #2 on the chart. IRATION is currently in the studio working on new music.
The Hawaiian-bred, Santa Barbara-based group—Micah Pueschel (lead vocals/guitar), Adam Taylor (bass), Joseph Dickens (drums), Cayson Peterson (keyboard/synth) and Micah Brown (guitar/vocals)—wrapped their January-February headlining “Lost & Found Winter Tour” at the One Love Cali Reggae Festival at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA and recently supported the Zac Brown Band at the Jackson Hole Rendezvous in Jackson Hole, WY back in March. Before they started this tour, they returned to the California Roots Music and Arts Festival in Monterey, CA as a headliner back in May.
- Tour rituals: soccer, golf, yoga, surfing.
- Iration played Cocoa once a few years ago with Rebelution. They hang out with Kelly Slater sometimes and love the city… a nice beach town that reminds them of home. I asked what similar outdoor waterfront venues they play in California & Hawaii, and he said Santa Barbra Bowl and Waikiki Shell, respectively. They love playing outdoors in the summer, especially by the water which is a different vibe from the amphitheater shows on rest of tour.
- This is Iration’s first tour with Slightly Stoopid. Their long time friends who have talked about it this for while. They’re also good friends with The Movement (shout out to Gary Dread!). Iration played Stoopid’s festival ‘Closer to the Sun’ in Mexico in December 2016. They have not played a festival cruise… yet.
- The most memorable concert Adam last went to, besides one of his, was Cochella. Adam enjoyed Two Door Cinema Club, and Kendrick Lamar.
- Influences: Original root reggae influences were Black Uhuru & Don Carlos, and Steel Pulse. Current modern influences are Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, and John Mayer.
- Food on the road: This tour is all catering, eating really well! They love the local places, too. When in Rome….
- Listening to on the road: Run the Jewels. Reggae in morning, hip-hop or pop later in the day.
- Describe Iration in three words: All about love.
- Spirit animal: humback whale (no explanation!).
- They are NOT playing Suwannee Hulaween… yet. Guess we’ll keep an eye out for the Phase 2 announcement.
INTERVIEW: Iration | Slightly Stoopid “Sounds of Summer Tour 2017” by Richie
Please support our friends who support us! Tell them Shows I Go To sends love! 🙂
- Ten10 Brewing Co.
- Park Ave CDs
- Barley and Vine Biergarten
- Will's Pub Orlando
- Brett Barr at Built 4 Speed Tattoo
- House of Blues Orlando
- Lazy Moon Pizza (New Location Open Downtown!)
- AKT Enterprises
- Smartpunk Records
- No Clubs Presents | State Media
- DaddyKool Records
- NorseKorea Presents
- Lizzy McCormack's Irish Pub
- Farm Boy Produce Kombucha!
Check out these upcoming SIGT Events: